The ball joints on your Toyota vehicle are integral parts of its suspension, along with the bushings and bearings. Your front suspension controls the movement of your wheels, allowing them to move both vertically and to either side. It's also what keeps your tires on the road.
What Ball Joints Do
The ball joint consists of a ball and socket that connect to a link and allow it to move. They do this by creating a pivot between the steering knuckle and the control arm, helping to keep you in control as you're driving.
How to Spot a Failing Ball Joint
Eventually, though, even the highest-quality ball joint can wear out. That makes driving unsafe. Here are some signs of a ball joint going bad:
- Your steering wheel feels loose or vibrates
- You notice unusual noises
- You notice excessive or uneven tire wear
If you suspect that your ball joint has gone bad, don't ignore the problem. At best, your wheels will be misaligned. At worst, the damage can worsen and cause you to lose control of your car, SUV, truck, or van. Fortunately, it's not a terribly difficult project to replace a ball joint. Find the parts you need for the job right here in our online auto parts inventory. Order today to save both time and money!
- Corolla iM,
- Prius V
- 3 more
No results found for "ball joints". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!