Your brakes slow and ultimately stop your Toyota TRD vehicle. They do it by pressing a set of brake calipers to a set of brake rotors. The calipers have brake pads installed on them, and the pads are what create the friction that delivers the stopping power. Depending on whether you drive a car, truck, or SUV, you've got one of four kinds of brake pads:
- Organic: for normal driving. These pads are dependable, they don't create a lot of brake dust, they're easier on rotors, and best of all, they're low-cost. Most everyday cars and SUVs use them.
- Ceramic: better in bad weather. They aren't too noisy, and their dust isn't as sticky, so it won't gunk up your wheels. You'll find them in many sports cars.
- Metallic: heat-tolerant. These pads feel a bit firmer than others, and they withstand brake fade. Some cars and SUVs use them.
- Carbon fiber: the toughest. They're the best performers. They deliver optimal stopping power and tolerate extremely high temperatures. High-performance vehicles often use them because, along with the right rotors, they do the best job of getting rid of excess heat.
When Do You Replace Brake Pads?
Unfortunately, no brake pad lasts forever. You'll have to change yours every 40,000 to 50,000 miles or so. Either way, it's a good idea to look for symptoms of your brakes going bad. They include:
- Dashboard warning lights
- Worn-out pad surfaces
- Pad damage
- Whiny brakes
- Longer slowing and stopping times
- Grinding noises
The last suggest warping and probable damage to your rotors because your brake pads have worn out completely. If you need to buy new ones, be sure to buy genuine Toyota TRD. Brake pads made by your OEM for your TRD model come not only guaranteed to fit what you drive. TRD brake pads also use top-quality pad materials that undergo a bedding-in process to properly condition them for use with TRD brake rotors. The result: you get the best braking performance possible. Our auto parts store has a wide-ranging selection. Order a set online today!
No results found for "ptr09-89111, ptr09-34071, ptr09-0c111, ptr09-0c110, ptr09-89110, ptr09-34002-11, ptr09-52110, ptr09-52096, ptr09-18130, ptr09-18131, ptr09-21111-ru, ptr09-52071, ptr09-33050, ptr09-20010-15, ptr09-21110". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!