The AC and heating systems in your Toyota car, van, SUV, or pickup make it easier to manage and maintain the cabin temperature when you're driving. How they work is simple.
Your air conditioner involves many more parts than does your heater. First, a compressor pressurizes refrigerant and transforms it into hot gas. A condenser cools the gas, changing it back to a liquid. That liquid runs through an expansion valve and turns back into a gas, but now at low pressure. Then an evaporator uses a fan to quickly cool the gas down. The chilled air is sent through your vents and into the cabin.
Your heater operates much like a radiator. Hot coolant gets sent through the heater core. A front-mounted fan blows over that core, sending warm air through the ducts and air vents.
How to Spot AC and Heating Problems
HVAC systems aren't immune to trouble, though. Fortunately, it's easy to tell when yours is going bad. Here are some signs to look for:
- Your cabin environment gets steamy
- You spot worn-out belts and hoses
- You notice the sweet, syrupy smell of coolant
- Your system stops blowing cold or warm air
If you notice any of these signs, first check the state of your cabin air filter. If it's in good shape, then your air AC or heating system is at fault. When you do need to replace or repair any AC or heating system components, make sure that you choose the right ones for your vehicle. Those are the ones that were made by Toyota, specifically to fit your Toyota. Find everything you need right here in our online auto parts department. Buy now and we'll ship your order right to your door!
No results found for "ac, air conditioning, heater, climate control, condenser". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!