The thermostat in your Toyota vehicle has one role, and it does it rather well. It's responsible for regulating the temperature of your engine. It does this in response to coolant temperature changes.
How an Automotive Thermostat Works
The thermostat features a wax that expands when the engine temperature gets too high. That expansion opens a value that allows coolant to flow from the radiator to the engine, where it collects the engine heat. The coolant then returns to the radiator, where the heat is dispersed through the radiator's flat surface into the atmosphere.
How to Spot a Failing Thermostat
Thermostats don't go bad often, but there are signs of failure. These include:
- The "Check Engine" dash light engages
- Your engine begins to overheat
- The engine runs less efficiently
- You have HVAC problems
Buy Your Genuine OEM Thermostat Online
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, conduct a full inspection to determine the source of the trouble. If your thermostat needs replacing, your best option is to go with a real-deal one from Toyota. Not only is it made specifically to work with your model, but it's also guaranteed compatible. Find everything you need for the project right here in our online auto parts catalog, in stock and ready to ship. Order now and save!
No results found for "thermostat". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!