The original piston rings in your Toyota vehicle form a seal between the engine piston and cylinder wall. This keeps the combustion gases in the chamber, improves heat transfer from the piston to the cylinder wall, and helps prevent oil from entering the combustion chamber.
What Piston Rings Do
Most pistons have a set of three rings. The top two press tightly against the cylinder wall to seal the combustion chamber. The third ring, or oil ring, scrapes oil from the cylinder wall and deposits it back into the oil sump. This maintains optimal oil consumption and helps deliver ideal engine performance.
How to Identify Symptoms of Piston Ring Damage
Eventually, though, even the highest quality piston rings can begin to fail. Signs of this include:
- Your "Check Engine" light engages
- Reduced engine power
- A loss of acceleration
- Excessive oil consumption
- Thick, white, bluish, or gray smoke coming from the exhaust
If your piston rings have gone bad, there's an easy solution at hand. We have the perfect set for your Toyota engine, since we only sell genuine Toyota parts that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model. Find everything you need for the job right here in our online auto parts department, waiting to be shipped to your front door. Order now to save both time and money!
- Land Cruiser,
No results found for "piston ring". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!