While starting your Toyota is a simple process on your part, there are many parts involved in the process. Chief among them? Your starter solenoid. Without it, your starter motor wouldn’t activate. Without your starter motor, you don't achieve ignition.
What Your Starter Solenoid Does
The starter solenoid works as an electric relay, taking electric current from the battery and the ignition switch. When that ignition switch is turned on, the starter solenoid closes a pair of contacts and transmits a large current of electricity to the starter motor. That, in turn, puts the engine into motion. While rare, it's not unheard of for a starter solenoid to go bad. When that happens, you'll find it harder – if not impossible – to get your engine cranking.
Common Examples of Starter Solenoid Issues
Signs of problems include:
- You hear a rapid clicking sound
- The starter continues rotating after you've turned off the ignition or released the start button
- You hear a clicking noise without the starter engaging
Repair Your Starter Solenoid the Right Way | Choose Genuine OEM Starter Solenoid Parts
Whether due to wiring problems, heat, or moisture, a failing starter solenoid isn't something you want to ignore. Replacing yours as soon as possible ensures that you're able to start your Toyota vehicle when and where you want. Toyota makes their starter solenoid components to fit their models specifically, ensuring the compatible fit you want. Find yours in our online auto parts inventory. Buy today and we'll ship right to your front door!
No results found for "Starter Solenoids". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!