How the brakes in your Toyota TRD vehicle work is simple. First, your brake pistons move across the bore of your brake cylinder, pushing brake fluid across a series of hoses and lines. When the liquid reaches your brake calipers, it presses them to your brake rotors. The brake pads on top of the calipers rub against the rotors, and the resulting friction helps slow and ultimately stop your wheels and tires. If you're driving an older Toyota TRD model, it may even still use brake shoes and brake drums to do the job. Either way, any brake parts can go bad, either getting too old and wearing out or getting too damaged and breaking down.
When Do Brakes Need to Be Replaced?
That's dependent on the part. The best way to figure out the answer is to look for signs of brake problems first. They include:
- Warning lights on the dash
- Shuddering when braking
- Abnormal noises, like grinding
- Brake pedal issues
- Taking longer to stop
- Worsening brake grip
- Pulling sideways during braking
Grinding often indicates damage to rotors, the result of them direct contacting brake calipers because of brake pad degradation. To figure out what's going on, do a thorough inspection. If it turns out you need new brakes, you can order parts right here online. Our auto parts store carries only genuine Toyota TRD brakes. Not only will they fit your model, guaranteed. They're also the best choice for your performance vehicle. Why?
- TRD brake calipers are designed as stiff as possible, enhancing brake feel.
- TRD brake rotors come either slotted or drilled for optimal cooling and brake dust clearance. They have thinner hat sections for lighter weight, and their flange thicknesses are just right for threading.
- TRD brake pads are made with the best materials possible, and they're designed to work best with TRD rotors.
Order today, and you'll have that long-planned repair or upgrade project done in no time!
No results found for "ptr09-00150, ptr09-35130, ptr09-21111, ptr09-35100, ptr09-35084, ptr09-35085, ptr09-34079, ptr09-00140-aa, ptr09-20001-01, ptr09-21093, ptr09-07080". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!