It's important that you be able to see what's around your Toyota vehicle, no matter the weather outside. That's why you have windshield wipers. If you're fortunate, your Toyota also features a rear window wiper. It’s the metal arm at the back window or tailgate. It sweeps back and forth, allowing you to keep an eye out for approaching vehicles and emergency vehicle flashers.
Of course, that metal arm would damage the window glass if it made consistent contact. To avoid etching permanent grooves, your rear window wiper has a rubberized blade at the end. That wiper blade applies consistent pressure, sweeping away water and debris and preserving your ability to check behind you.
Unfortunately, wiper blades don’t last forever. When one starts to go bad, you need to replace it as soon as possible in order to avoid scratching the glass or risking the arm getting stuck and breaking.
How to Spot a Failing Rear Wiper Blade
Fortunately, there are signs indicating if your wiper blade is going bad due to age, overuse, or sun damage. They include:
- The wiper makes a chattering noise
- The blade leaves streaks on the glass
- The wiper blades skips across the glass
- You notice broken pieces of rubber or chips in the wiper blade
Once you spot any of these symptoms, replace your rear wiper blade as soon as you can. Genuine Toyota wiper blades are best, since they're made specifically for your model. That ensures the compatible fit and performance you're looking for. Order from our online auto parts department and you'll be installing your new rear wiper blade in no time at all!
- Land Cruiser,
- 2 more
No results found for "Rear Wiper Blades". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!