How Does an Exhaust Work?
When fuel combusts, it creates noxious byproducts. Your exhaust system safely captures and removes the harmful stuff, even going so far as to muffle the noise the process makes. The exhaust in your Toyota TRD vehicle works in a few steps.
- Step 1: pollutants pass through your catalytic converter, or "cat." Platinum, rhodium, and palladium metals trap them. What the metals do is separate the toxic molecules into oxygen and nitrogen, converting most into harmless water vapor and carbon dioxide and burning up hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide in the process. In the meantime, the cat lets the oxygen go through.
- Step 2: your exhaust manifold collects the gases and transfers them through your exhaust pipe, while your resonator and muffler keep engine noise low while optimizing airflow.
- Step 3: your muffler's tail pipe releases the much-cleaner fumes into the air. This not only helps keep you and your passengers safe. It's also a lot better for the environment than the alternative.
Repair or Upgrade Your Exhaust with Genuine Toyota TRD Parts
When and how often you should change exhaust parts depends on the conditions you drive in. Typically, a catalytic converter lasts about 100,000 miles, while a muffler or resonator lasts anywhere from 2 to 4 years. The best way to time a replacement is to look for signs of exhaust problems during a drive or an inspection. They include:
- Diminishing fuel economy
- Strange noises from either your exhaust pipe, your muffler, or both
- A rotten-egg smell
- A lit Check Engine light
If you experience any of these symptoms, do a complete inspection to make sure your exhaust is the issue. You can buy genuine replacement exhausts and mufflers for your Toyota TRD model right from our auto parts store. Better yet, you can order them here online. So, take care of it, and your project, today!
Toyota TRD Exhausts and Mufflers | Features
- Specially tuned to improve low-end and mid-range torque and horsepower
- Designed specifically to reduce back pressure, improving efficiency and giving your vehicle a power bump
- Dual-wall construction for durability and maintaining the system's bright polish stainless finish
- Factory-fit connector flanges
- All OEM mounting points covered
- 50-state emissions-legal
No results found for "ptr03-89200, ptr03-34191, ptr03-35190, ptr03-34161, ptr03-34190, ptr03-35161, pt910-89061, ptr03-03200, ptr31-35070, ptr03-35162, ptr06-02140, ptr31-35131, ptr03-18170, ptr03-33081, pt910-89060, ptr31-35130, ptr03-21100, ptr03-34104, ptr03-52081, ptr03-34103, ptr03-33081-aa, ptr03-21130, ptr03-52071, ptr31-35071, ptr03-52080, ptr03-18190, ptr03-07200-aa, ptr03-07200, ptr03-34074, ptr03-34076, ptr26-34020, ptr03-18131-aa, ptr41-21166, ptr03-52103, pt909-34090-ex, ptr03-52072". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!