Your Toyota vehicle came from the factory with a fuel pump already in place. It may only do one thing, but it's an important role – and it does it well. It pulls gas from the fuel tank and sends it to the engine. That's where it mixes with oxygen, gets ignited, and produces the combustion your motor needs to move you down the road.
How Fuel Pumps Work
The fuel pump draws the gas out of the tank and sends it through fuel lines into the fuel rail. Then fuel injectors spray the fuel into your engine's cylinders. Depending on your model's age, it may have a fuel pump that's assisted by a DC motor. Older models don't have that motor, but instead feature a mechanical fuel pump that depends on the engine to power the suction that moves the fuel.
How to Identify Fuel Pump Issues
Sadly, even the highest quality fuel pump can start to go bad. Signs of failure include:
- Diminished fuel efficiency
- Reduced engine performance
- You hear a squealing noise coming from your engine
- You're unable to start your Toyota at all
Replace Your Faulty Fuel Pump | Shop Genuine OEM Fuel Pumps Online
If an inspection reveals that you do need replace your fuel pump, make sure to choose the right one. That's always going to be a genuine Toyota fuel pump, since it was made to fit your vehicle's specifications. Find everything you need for your project right here in our online auto parts department, in-stock and ready to ship directly to your door. Order now to save both time and money!
No results found for "fuel pump". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!