Your Toyota vehicle relies upon a variety of pulleys in order to operate properly. In fact, without them, your car, SUV, pickup, or van would be motionless.
The Types of Pulleys
First, there's the crank pulley. That's the one that's bolted or pressed onto the engine crankshaft. When the engine's running, the crankshaft spins. That in turn rotates the crank pulley. That motion is transferred over to the other automotive pulleys by belts.
Finally, there are the pulleys that spin freely and don’t provide power to or operate accessories. These are called idlers and tensioners. They serve to route the belts or ensure that they're tight.
How to Spot Failing Pulleys
Even the best pulleys can begin to go bad, whether due to overuse or age. Signs of that include:
- Visible wear on the pulley surface
- An audible squealing noise coming from the engine belts
If you notice either of these, inspect your pulleys carefully. Should that inspection reveal the need to replace one or more pulleys, make sure to choose the right ones for your vehicle. Since Toyota manufactures their pulleys to their vehicles' specifications, you enjoy an unmatched compatibility with genuine OEM pulleys. Find yours right here in our online auto parts inventory. Buy now and we'll ship your order out at once!
No results found for "pulleys". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!