On a car, bushings and bearings are two different things. Bushings are flexible, vibration-resistant mounts. They enable auto parts to move the way they're designed to. You can usually find them in everything from the control arms, sway bars, and strut mounts on a vehicle's suspension to its body. The simplest type is a simple inner sleeve, made of metal, bonded using rubber to an outer sleeve. Some bushings are oil-filled, while others are molded. Their secondary purpose, in this case, is to limit the vibration felt in a vehicle's cabin.
Bearings, however, are smooth metal rollers. They're usually balls, with equally smooth inner and outer surfaces made of metal, against which the balls roll. They "bear" or support loads. This allows auto parts that spin to turn with minimal resistance.
Unfortunately, over time, bushings can wear out and bearings can go bad. Luckily, there are signs and symptoms you can look for. They include:
- Shrinking, stiff, cracking, or softening bushing surfaces
- Unusual tire wear
- Pulling sideways during acceleration or braking
- Clunking noises when crossing uneven terrain
- Vibration while your vehicle is moving
If you suspect the bushings and bearings in your Toyota or Scion vehicle are going bad and need to be replaced, do a careful inspection first to be sure. Then, order the best parts possible for repairs: genuine OEM.
Buy Genuine Toyota & Scion Bushings and Bearings Online
Those made by your brand will come guaranteed to work with the model you drive. Our auto parts store has what you need, and you can buy it right here on the Web. Order now, and we'll ship out to you ASAP.
No results found for "Bushing, Bearings". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!