Your Toyota vehicle has shocks and struts in place to control the activity of the coil springs, keeping it stable no matter how rough the road conditions get. The helps keep your wheels aligned and your tires on the road. In turn, you enjoy more reliable handling and braking, with minimal body roll as you take on curves or turns.The Difference Between Shocks and Struts
Even though they do the same basic thing, shocks and struts are completely different parts and can't be interchanged. Struts are integrated parts of the suspension and steering system, while shocks are independent. If you do need to replace your struts, you'll also need to perform an alignment.
How to Tell When Your Shocks or Struts are Failing
Shocks and struts do go bad, especially if you put them through their rigors. Signs of trouble include:
- A rougher-than-usual ride quality
- Your Toyota pulls to one side during turns
- Your tire treads are unevenly worn
- Your vehicle leans too far forward as you're stopping
- There's a film of grease or oil on the parts
Genuine OEM Shocks and Struts are Your Best Choice
If you notice any of these symptoms, inspect your suspension. If that reveals that your shocks or struts need to be replaced, choose genuine Toyota shocks or struts. They’re designed to fit your model, offering unmatched guaranteed compatibility. Our online auto parts department has yours in stock and ready to ship. Buy now to save time and money!
No results found for "shock, strut". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!