Whether you're driving a Toyota TRD model with an automatic or a manual transmission, it's got a gear shifter, often found between the front seats. It does what it says -- lets you change or otherwise select gears -- and its top (the shift knob) incorporates a shift pattern that guides shifting. When everything works the way it should, you get and stay in the proper gear. When it doesn't, however, trouble driving follows.
Signs of Problems with Your Gear Shifter
If your shifter:
- Hesitates finding gears, or
- Doesn't get into gear
Then it's time to inspect your clutch or shift cables or have your vehicle inspected by a service professional. If you:
- Hear grinding, or
- Feel shaking
You might have problems with your gears themselves. The worst-case scenario: they start to slip, meaning go in and out of this or that gear. That's a dangerous situation, and you should do an inspection and make any necessary repairs immediately.
Your best option? Install a genuine OEM shifter. Toyota makes a quick shifter for its TRD vehicles that's ideal for both helping fix your problem and giving you faster, more positive shifting ability. The latter provides a sportier, more responsive driving feel. Most Toyota TRD shifters feature:
- Repositioned pivots for a shorter throw
- Nylon towers
- Steel or aluminum levers, the latter with protective hard-anodized finishes
- Leather-trimmed shift knobs, sometimes engraved with shift patterns
Some shifters are also as simple to install as removing the old and replacing with the new, with no drilling necessary, not to mention special tools required. Even the hardware you need is often included.
Our auto parts store has plenty to choose from. Buy today and we'll ship your new shifter right away, right to your door.
No results found for "ptr04-21051-40, ptr54-18130, ptr04-35052, ptr54-21100, ptr04-35070, ptr46-52081, ptr04-35051". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!