The starter in your Toyota is itself a motor. Without it, you'd probably be forced to hand-crank your engine in order to get it running. Starters are also called cranking motors, self-starters, and starter motors. No matter what name you use, they do the same thing
How Your Starter Works
The starter used a relay and a dedicated starter motor to crank, or start, your vehicle's engine. Modern vehicles are outfitted with an electric starter, meaning you just need to either turn the key in the ignition switch or press the start button to kick things off. If your Toyota is equipped with a remote starter, you only need to press the button on your key fob to begin the process. That comes in handy when the weather's bad outside and you want to set a comfortable cabin temperature before entering.
How to Spot Problems With Your Starter
When your starter begins to go bad, it’s pretty easy to diagnose. Signs of failure include:
- You hear a clicking sound when you're trying to start your Toyota
- You can't start your vehicle, even after a jump start
- You can only start when your vehicle is in specific gears
- There's smoke coming from the starter
Repair Your OEM Starter | Shop Online for Genuine Toyota Starters
If you notice any of these symptoms, conduct an inspection of your starter system. If that indicates that your starter or any related parts are failing, replace it as soon as you can. Since genuine OEM starters are designed specifically to work with your Toyota model, they deliver guaranteed compatibility. Find everything you need in our online auto parts inventory, in stock and ready to ship. Buy today to save time and money!
- MR2 Spyder,
- 17 more
- Corolla iM,
- FJ Cruiser,
- Land Cruiser,
- 12 more
- 2 more
- Land Cruiser,
No results found for "starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!