The engine in your Toyota SUV, car, van, or pickup creates a tremendous amount of heat when it's operating. That heat would eventually cause serious damage if it weren't for your factory-installed radiator.
What Your Radiator Does
The radiator circulates fluid to the engine and back via a series of hoses. That fluid is usually a combination of coolant and water, and its role is to circulate through the engine parts and collect heat along the way.
The fluid carries the heat along with it back to the radiator. There, the heat escapes into the atmosphere through the radiator's large, flat, finned surface.
Unfortunately, though, even high-quality radiators can go bad. That leads to engine problems if not addressed.
How to Spot a Failing Radiator
The good news is that it's easy to spot radiator problems. Signs of trouble include:
- You notice weird noises coming from under the hood
- The engine repeatedly overheats
- You see red, yellow, or green liquid pooled underneath your vehicle
- You detect the syrupy sweet odor of coolant
- The "Check Engine" dash light comes on
If you're experiencing any of these problems, try flushing your radiator and adding a new coolant-and-water mix. If that doesn't solve the problem, inspect your radiator and cooling system. If any components need to be replaced, make sure to choose the best parts for your vehicle. Those are the ones made by Toyota, since they're the ones that were designed to be compatible with your model. Find everything you need for the project right here in our online auto parts catalog. Buy now and we'll ship your order directly to your front door!
- Land Cruiser
- Land Cruiser
No results found for "radiator". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!