How Your Air Filters Work
The engine air filter sits atop your air intake, collecting contaminants and debris before they can get into the engine. Go too long without changing it, and your engine may start to misfire. That's due to carbon build up limiting the amount of air that enters the engine.
Your cabin air filter is usually located behind your glovebox. It prevents allergens and other microscopic troublemakers from getting into the cabin through the air vents. When it gets clogged, your cabin air quality suffers.
How to Detect Air Filter Trouble
Of course, even the best air filters won't last forever. To prevent yours from getting too degraded to do their job, change them on a regular schedule. Signs of problems with your air filters include:
- Engine misfires
- Reduced fuel efficiency
- The "Check Engine" light comes on
- You can't keep a consistent cabin air temperature
- Less air comes through the vents
When you do replace your air filters, make sure to choose the best ones for the job. Only genuine Toyota air filters are guaranteed to be compatible with your model, ensuring the fit and performance that you can trust. Browse our online auto parts catalog by your model year and find your air filters. Once you complete your order, we'll get it shipped right out!
No results found for "air filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!