The brake calipers in your Toyota TRD vehicle are vital to how well your brakes work. After all, they're what clamp your brake pads onto your brake rotors and create the resistance that ultimately slows and stops it. How a brake caliper works is a little more complicated than that, but thankfully, it's logical.
Step on your brake pedal, and the process begins. Your brake cylinder starts sending brake fluid back and forth via a network of brake hoses and valves. When the liquid reaches your brake pistons, it pressurizes them. Your calipers and pads then press your rotors, and that's how you get the friction that becomes stopping power.
The process produces a lot of heat, though. Eventually, it can adversely affect even the best everyday brake calipers. It'll usually decay their seals, even during normal driving. As a result, they can build up contaminants, and these often cause rust. Luckily, the signs of brake caliper problems are easy to identify.
What Are the Symptoms of Brake Calipers Going Bad?
- Continuous grinding noises
- Irregular pressure during braking
- Brake fluid leaks, either in your engine compartment or wheel area
- The need to pump your brakes to get them to work properly
- Pulling sideways when braking
- ABS warning or brake warning lights on the dash
In these cases, you should do a full replacement. Your best bet will be to install genuine Toyota TRD brake calipers. They're designed for maximum stiffness, which means they'll provide a firmer, more confident feel when you brake.
You can buy new ones online in a few easy clicks, right from our auto parts counter. We carry only OEM brake calipers, too, so they'll fit the Toyota TRD model you drive from the get-go. So, check another DIY job off your list -- order now!
No results found for "ptr09-34078, ptr09-34074, ptr09-34075, ptr09-21091, ptr09-21092, ptr09-35102, ptr09-35101, ptr09-52091". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!